Proposed Goals and Objectives
Contact: Don Tormey, Public Information, Communications, 515-725-0428 or email.
Please send all public comments to:
Iowa Office of Energy Independence
c/o Don Tormey
Iowa Economic Development Authority
502 E. 9th Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
|Optimize development of Iowa's renewable energy resources, including 10 GW of wind and developing other resources as appropriate.
- Support the development of adequate transmission capacity to enable Iowa to export large quantities of wind energy within the state and to out-of-state load centers.
- Support smart grid development and deployment
- Promote distributed generation (DG)
|Optimize energy use in business, industry, government, and agriculture.
- Enact an energy efficiency portfolio standard
- Develop coordinated and more uniform core utility energy efficiency programs
- Promote smart growth & support workforce development in energy
- Make energy efficiency the highest priority in utilities' planning process
|Enhance the long-term environmental and economic viability of the biofuels industry.
- Increase biofuels consumption through infrastructure development, education, promotion, and incentives for the increased use of higher biofuels blends
- Support the development of biomass feedstock supply infrastructure for second generation biofuels
- Support the development and deployment of integrated biorefineries